On Sunday Tom Allen & Ben Parker continued our Life Verse series. Tom spoke from John 15:16 and encouraged us with stories of 'appointed fruitfulness', and Ben from Psalm 73v25-26.
On Sunday James Mulholland & Mikka Parker continued our Life Verse series. James spoke from Acts 2v42-47 and Mikka from Psalm 37v3-4.
James spoke on how the church was;
- A Learning Church
- A Loving Church
- A Worshipping Church
- A Witnessing Church
Mikka unpacked Psalm 37v3-4 and looked at what it means to;
- Trust in the Lord
- And do Good
- Dwell in the land
- Befriend Faithfulness
- Delight yourself in the Lord
- He will give you the desires of your heart
On Sunday claire Pearce & Zama Moyo continued our Life Verse series. Claire spoke from 2 Tim 1v7 and Zama from Phil 1v6.
Claire spoke on how God has given us a spirit of;
- For God, For Others, For the Gospel
- Soak in His Word, Stir ourselves up, Speak truth to ourselves
Zama spoke on the wonderful surety that we have that in God's work!
- WHAT: I am sure that it is WORK
- WHAT: I am sure that the work is GOOD
- WHERE: I am sure that it is happening IN YOU
- WHO: I am sure that the work is being done by GOD
- 2 Tim 1v7 ' for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.'
- Phil 1v6 ' And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.'
- John 14:20- “In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you”
- Phil 2:12b 'work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you...'
On Sunday Al kicked off our new series by looking at Romans 8v32 where he highlighted that what happened at the cross was;
- Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
- Acts 2:23 says “This man was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to a cross.”
- Isaiah 53:6 “We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- Isaiah 53:5 says “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
- 2 Peter 1:3 says “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”