On Sunday Hugh Preached the first sermon in our DNA series, looking at the 'culture' that we seek to foster as a church. We started to answer the questions 'What kind of church will we be?'. We looked at 3 points;
1. We will be a church where everyone is WELCOME.
- We will be a church where you can belong before you behave.
2. We will be a church where everyone is NEEDED.
- We will be spiritual contributors, not spiritual consumers.
2. We will be a church where everyone is CHANGED.
- Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.” Luke 15:1–2 (ESV)
- “All of you together are Christ’s body, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.” 1 Cor 12:27 (NLT)
- 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Cor 5:17 (ESV)