Thursday for Thirst
Praying for spiritual hunger to grow in our neighbourhoods
#salvation #fulnessoflife #redemption
As a church we love to prayer together, and each day of the week we focus our prayers on different things. Thursday's focus is on #everyone a witness. We believe EVERYONE EVERYWHERE WITNESSING through our lips and lives is fundamental christianity. It is how people encounter God and his kingdom. The Church - God's people (not a place!) is his body...encountering God's people is encountering him. we are the 'aroma of Christ' (2 Cor 2v15-17). On Thursdays we focus on praying for THIRST - hunger for God to be born. God does this sovereignly - yes...but also through his people, everywhere, in every way 'witnessing' = making him known. Today, pray God would open hearts, eyes and minds. Pray that he would shake peoples lives if needed - salvation is the ultimate need! Some thing to bear in mind as we pray;
- Plant and Water - Our responsibility is to plant and water...we can do that! We cannot save people, that's God's responsibility. That's freeing! (see verses below).
- Positioned deliberately - In Acts 17 we are told God apportions times and places we live so us/others can feel their way towards god and perhaps find him! We are told God is not far from anyone...through you! Live with a sense of purpose, expectation and destiny! (see verses below)
- Made in the image of God - everyone has something of 'Godn-ness' in them/about them...inner hunger, conscience, yearning for more. Everyone is created with longing...pray for it to be directed to God!
- Sphere of influence - What's your sphere of influence? Who do you see/connect with in every day life? Canteen? School gates? Open office? Lecture? Is that be accident? God has palced you - pray for those people!
- People of peace - Who amongst your connections is a 'person of peace'...you get on well, they initiate connecting too, you share personal stuff with them...pray for them!
The above gives some broad encouragement and places to start praying. The below verses are helpful consider when praying.
- Acts 26v17-18 - I am sending you to them (18) to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
- Acts 17v26-27 - ...he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. (27) God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us
- 1 Cor 3:6-8 - 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.
- 1 Tim 2v3-7 - ...God our Saviour, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the manChrist Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed...