FRANCE, FINLAND & FRIENDS
As a church we love to prayer together, and each day of the week we focus our prayers on different things. Friday's prayer focus is on our gospel partners around the world that God has knit us together with. Amongst these are particularly;
- Helsinki Church Plant - Kev & Lydia Jones
- Lille Church Plant - Roger & George Eaton
- The City Church - Tom Shaw & team
- Hope Church Ipswich - Maurice Nightingale and team
These churches are all part of our church family (Relational Mission) within the wider network of Newfrontiers. So bear them in your prayers too;
- Relational Mission - Mike Betts and Team
- Newfrontiers - Various
Whilst there are specific focuses that come up from time to time, in all of these settings, Philippians 1v1-11 is a helpful guide to overarching prayer for our partners;
1 Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, - Paul and Timothy don't introduce themselves with their 'professional qualifications' or 'titles' but with their primary identity - servant leaders of Jesus. Pray that/for;
- Identity in Christ, humility, security, servant heartedness
To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons: - this is a helpful step-by-step way to pray for different groups in the church;
- members/everyone + elders/pastors + other leaders in the church
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. - Pray for/that;
- a deepening understanding, appreciation and experience of grace
- peace - that comes from;
- knowledge of God as a loving Father
- knowledge of the Lordship of Jesus in every situation they encounter - nothing is greater than him and his rule!
3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now - Give thanks for them for;
- their partnership in the gospel - things they have given up, ways that blesses you as you see Christ who gave up heaven for us
- their perseverance and obedience to Jesus 'from the first day until now'
6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ - Pray that/for;
- They would be encouraged by God's commitment to them
- That God knows everything about them and yet started this whole thing with them - he doesn't grow weary!
7 It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel. 8 For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus - Pray that/for
- They would partake in grace mroe and more and more!
- Deeping love/affection for them
9 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, 10 so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - Pray that/for;
- Their love may abound more and more, fuelled by their encountering God's love more and more
- They would grow in knowledge of God's love and discernment of how it works/doesn't work like man's love is unconditional
- As a result they would have wisdom
- They would persevere well
- They would grow in the fruit of righteousness
to the glory and praise of God - Pray that/for;
- God would be glorified!
- People would be saved thus glorifying God!
- People would be freed, thus glorifying God!
- That it would be a God-centered ministry
Don't just pray! let them know you've prayed! Send them an encouraging text/email/letter. Share prophetic words with them. Send them chocolate! Pay for a trip back to their families where appropriate. But above all - pray!